Welcome to participants. For the time being I have this set up for all of you to register. Follow the steps below to get started.
How to register for the blog
- To get started please register for the blog.
- Once you have registered you will need to fill out your user profile.
- Lastly, set up a gravatar so that we can all see a picture of you.
How to sign up to post
- Go to this Google doc
- Pick at least two weeks that you would like to post to the blog on
- Put your name in the corresponding third box for the week you intend to blog for.
How to post to the blog
- Log in to your WordPress Administration Panel (Dashboard). You can find ours at dighist.org/wp-admin
- Click the Posts tab.
- Click the Add New Sub Tab
- Start filling in the blanks. Say pithy and amazing things. Your post needs a title, and post content. Please include links and images as relevant.
- As needed, select a category, add tags, and make other selections from the sections below the post.
- When you are ready, click Publish.
Watch this screencast to see how this works in action. There is more information in the video.
Post comments here if you have trouble with this, or send emails to trevor dot johnowens at gmail dot com.
Thanks for the overview – I needed it. – Greg